Skip to main content

Through the Fire and the Flame!

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to Truth & Consequence!

My name is Chandler. Some may remember me from Hand Cannon Online's retired podcast Crusader's Call, as well as Ghost Dice's ongoing podcast The Leyline for Circle players. We may have also met at a convention, spoken on facebook, or any number of other ways, as I spend a lot of time talking to Warmachine communities across the internet.

I've played Protectorate since just prior to the announcement of Mk. 3, before which I was a Circle player. Unfortunately the Mk. 3 transition caused me to eventually leave Circle behind and really fall into the loving embrace of Menoth, where I've seriously enjoyed my time. I've made reasonably regular appearances at a few conventions over the past couple of years, and brought the Protectorate to the Las Vegas Open Masters tournament at the start of 2017, where I was promptly obliterated by Tom Guan but hey, getting there is something to be proud of.

So, why are we here? Well, frankly, I'm a media nerd. I love writing, recording, reading, watching, everything I can get my hands on about the games I play, and Protectorate has been my baby for most of Mk. 3 so far. Here we can talk about battle reports, list building, new releases, anything we want in regards to Menoth's holy fire, without it being scattered by the wildness of facebook or forums. I'm going to get my thoughts together honestly and thoroughly, and see what great things we can bring from what I believe to be the most well internally balanced faction in the game, amidst a world of sharks and S tier builds.

Expect regular battle reports, musings, stupid list ideas, and anything else Protectorate related you could want. Can't wait to get started!

- Chandler "Atelus"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CID Update: Vessel of Judgement, Week 3

Quick and dirty post, we've got the most recent changes in Community Integrated Development to the Vessel of Judgement. "-Add Scrutator to this model’s sub name. - Gains Reload [1] Reload [1] - This model can suffer d3 damage points to make up to one additional ranged attacks with this weapon during its Combat Action. - Reduce RNG of Divine Wrath to 12. - Replace Cleansing Aura with Bonds of Faith Bonds of Faith - This model can use this miracle once per turn at any time during its activation. Remove d3 damage points from other friendly Faction models in this model’s command range. Additionally, when this miracle is used, enemy upkeep spells and animi on models/units in this model’s command range immediately expire. A spellcaster can keep any of its upkeep spells in play by suffering d3 damage points per spell." The only changes we see here are: The inclusion of the Scrutator sub-name, which makes the Vessel an option in the Exemplar Interdiction theme force. Th

Warcaster Overview: Grand Scrutator Severius

It's time to talk about a Warcaster. In fact, it's time to talk about my *favorite* warcaster. Grand Scrutator Severius, or Severius1, is a big part of what caused me to fall in love with Protectorate as a faction in the first place. My favorite part of playing any faction is digging through its refuse and finding the gems hidden throughout, and no caster allows you to do that in Protectorate quite like the original Severius himself. There is very little in this faction you can take that isn't going to shine... even if a bit dully... when the Grand Scrutator is at the helm. There are exceptions (here's looking at you Deliverers...), and there are definitely sub optimal choices (Cinerators do fine, but... for now, take something else), but overall if you just want to play a model you like and give it the absolute best chance to succeed, there's a good chance you can reach for this guy to make it happen. The Pope of Nope himself, saying "NOPE!" So wh